Choosing a bulb that is bright and owns a proper cutoff line is very important when driving in the dark. Although there are thousands of bulbs on the market waiting for you to choose from, you must not have tried this bulb with build-in projector at th front. Want to upgrade your reflector headlights to projector, please don't miss this.
We released the first-generation mini lens bulb Y6 a year ago, and then successively released the three-color temperature Y7S, small size Y9 mini, dual-lens Y9 plus until the latest Y12 series. Below we will talk about why we released the mini projector bulb, the advantage of the mini projector bulb and the conparision between COLIGHT Y6, Y7S, Y9 mini, Y9 plus and Y12.
Why we released the mini projector bulb?
Reflector headlights have been around since the beginning of automotive headlights. A reflector headlight consists of a bulb encased in a steel bowl. When a reflector headlight works, the bulb source will filled the bowl of the mirrored housing to reflect light out onto the road. The result is a stream of light that comes out of the bowl in the direction that light is pointing.
With advanced technology and numerous vehicles, the original halogen bulbs can no longer meet our needs. People are bored with the dim light output, high power&overheat, and short lifespan. Manufacturers have developed many LED bulbs on the basis of halogen lamps, solving problems such as brightness, color temperature, power and service life. But the low beam cutoff line is still a problem. Unless you upgrade the reflectors to projector headlights, but that's a big expense.
Therefore, we developed a bulb with a mini projector at the front, so that everyone can upgrade the reflector headlight to a projector headlight at an affordable price. uilt with a mini projector, COLIGHT mini projector bulb shoots a perfect cutoff and bright white light, so that you can see far enough down the road to react to obstacles or avoid animals, and won't blind oncoming drivers.
The advantage of the mini projector bulbs:
1. Perfect Low Beam Cutoff and even light performance, no glare
Equipped with an innovative low beam shade cup and a micro-optical projector(lens) on the top, it enables the low beam to show a clear cutoff line ahead. In a typical H4 bulb application, only about 30% of the raw lumens are projected on the road as forwarding illumination. With this special optic, about 90% of the lumens will be projected onto the road. The micro-optical projector(lens) is responsible for the illuminating angle and amount of the beam pattern, can reduce light loss, maximize the light-gathering ability, making the maximum lighting length up to 150m. This feature is an unparalleled performance advantage over other H4 LED headlight bulbs.
2. Free switching between LHD and RHD modes
You can use the bulb Y6, Y7S and Y9 plus in both Right-hand-drive countries and Left-hand-drive countries. The original set is LHD mode, if you need to use the bulbs in UK or Japan, you can remove the big low beam shade cup, and you will find an iron piece engraved with L/R, flip it horizontally and assemble all the parts to get the RHD light mode. That's a 3min modding process, everyone can do that.
3.Better cooling performance and longer service life
All mini projector bulbs are made of aluminum lamp body. It quickly transfers heat to an unparalleled pure aluminum base, which dissipates heat in seconds, maintains the operating temperature at about -40 ° C to + 80 ° C, effectively reduces light attenuation, and can reach a lifespan of 55,000 + hours.
Before buying, you should realize the mini projector bulbs Y6,Y7S,Y9 Plus are only H4 plug. Due to the big heat sink, you can get a deeper&larger dust cover to install. The bulbs Y9 mini and Y12 series has 5 plug types to choose from, and the size are 1:1 size as the halogen.
- Y6, Y7S, Y9 Plus can be only put in the H4 reflector headlight housing without the projector, and the socket diameter should be large than 1.5inch.
- Y9 mini and Y12 can be installed in the H11, H7, H4, 9005 and 9006 reflector headlight with projector and hood.
- Before you install the bulbs, you need to unscrew the bottom base, then insert the bulb in the correct orientation, fix the buckle, and finally install the bottom base. The entire process can take up to 10 minutes to complete. You can install it yourself without going to a specialist repair shop.
- When installing the Y9 mini and Y12 series, please make sure the hood is on top. Such light output is correct.
- If you want a mini projector bulb with a fan cooling, you can choose Y6, Y9 mini or Y9Plus, Y12.
- If you want a mini projector bulb with a fanless cooling, you could only choose Y7S.
- If your reflector headlight is a H4 bulb, you can choose any of mini projector light bulbs; But if the Plug Type is 9005, 9006, H7 or H11, you could only choose Y9 mini and Y12 projector light bulb.
- If you prefer multiple colors, you can choose Y7S.
- The brightest lens bulb: Y7S, Y9Plus.
- If you're in LHD country, you can choose all the mini projector bulbs; But if you're in RHD country, you can check Y6, Y7S, Y9Plus.